Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Best

I love lazy Sundays. It's so nice to have a day to kick back and relax. We started the day off with homemade waffles & yummy homemade syrup.  Thanks Mom!  We didn't have church today so our family was able to spend extra quality time together at our Barn.  At the barn we played with the baby goats, I rode a pony named Rainbow & Link rode her horse Herlevant bareback!  

I love today's Sunday Best outfit.  The Devlin Pleated Skirt (from Nordstrom) is my favorite Sunday skirt.  I love the rippled texture & the zipper in back.  I paired this skirt with a basic black top. My Dr. Martens Gray Patent boots give it an edgy look.  For a more feminine look, you could we classic black heels.  ❤Tink



 

Similar styles in stores now ⇟


Anthropologie Ballad Swing Skirt
Dr. Martens 1460 W 8 Eye Boot Grey Patent Lamper

Homemade Buttermilk Syrup Recipe: 


In a large sauce pan:
Melt 3/4 cup butter
Add 1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
Stir while it comes to a gentle boil.  Turn off the heat and add:
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Stir until blended. Warning once you add the soda it will triple in size so make sure you have a large pot.   Serve & enjoy! WARNING: You will be addicted!

No comments:

Post a Comment