Friday, March 28, 2014

Aloha

In 5th grade my Grandma Nancy picked Hawaii for her State Report. She fell in love with the state making it her goal to go there someday. In 1971 my Grandma went to Hawaii for the first time.  She bought a one way standby student ticket for $89.  My Grandma lived and worked in Hawaii for 8 months.  She worked at Crazy Shirt's, Izzy's Hot Dog Stand, Moody's Boutique, Mr. Mike's Steakhouse.  
This was my Grandma's orange dress she received in Hawaii working at Moody's Boutique.
⚓The story of  the Orange Hawaiian Dress: One day a Sailor came in and wanted to buy a dress for his girlfriend.  The sailor told my Grandma that his girlfriend was around my Grandmas same size.  Grandma Nancy helped the Sailor pick out the perfect orange dress for his lady.  He paid for the dress and a hat. She carefully wrapped up the package for the Sailor.  The Sailor then handed the package back to my Grandma, gave her a kiss on the cheek and left the store. The mystery Sailor made my Grandma's day! It still makes my Grandma smile today thinking about the sailor that gave her this dress.  ⚓
♥Tori



This is my Grandma in 1968 at a Hawaiian Luau fundraiser.  


Similar styles in stores now ⇟

Sabine Knit Maxi Dress
H&M Maxi Dress
H&M Maxi Dress
Bettys Hollister Jumpsuit






No comments:

Post a Comment